Monday, April 23, 2018

2 of 276 Zone conference!

To all who may get this email,

We had zone conference this past week, and it was so fun! Because we got technology we had to arrive Thursday night to set up the phones, then we had to stay the night in Umeå so the mission rented us some cabins on a little campground for elementary school field trips, so that was a party!

But then on Friday we got some super good training about how to use technology as a missionary, and how to use technology once we return home, and about the blessings that come from obedience. Good stuff, all this obedience talk.

Speaking of talks, I was the speaker in sacrament meeting yesterday! As in, I was the one speaker, so you can bet your bottom dollar that the branch here got to experience a nice, long, scripture based talk on prayer :) one of my favorite subjects, and the branch president selected prayer based hymns for us to sing, it was actually a good meeting. As I was talking I was reminded of another talk by Elder Oaks called "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" in which Elder Oaks quotes Elder John H. Groberg:

"“We would always pray for protection, success, and good seas and wind to take us to our destination. Once I asked the Lord to bless us with a good tail wind so we could get to Foa quickly. As we got under way, one of the older men said, ‘Elder Groberg, you need to modify your prayers a little.’

“‘How’s that?’ I replied.

“‘You asked the Lord for a tail wind to take us rapidly to Foa. If you pray for a tail wind to Foa, what about the people who are trying to come from Foa to Pangai? They are good people, and you are praying against them. Just pray for a good wind, not a tail wind.’

“That taught me something important. Sometimes we pray for things that will benefit us but may hurt others. We may pray for a particular type of weather, or to preserve someone’s life, when that answer to our prayer may hurt someone else. That’s why we must always pray in faith, because we can’t have true, God-given faith in something that is not according to His will. If it’s according to His will, all parties will benefit."

I then though about some of the experiences I've had with prayer and the times I may have prayed for a good tail wind when I should have prayed for a good wind instead. That's why the section in PMG titled Pray with Faith is so good, because it's so important! Speaking of praying with faith, I've felt prompted to pray for Elder Renlund to come back to Sweden for about a month and a half, and guess who's coming next Sunday and Monday! Elder Renlund :)

Älskar er!
Äldste Wilson



And from last week:

Not a tone of time left here, I'll go quick. This week was awesome, and the work was worked on. I've slacked on the whole picture game though, so I'll just attach a picture of me walking down the street checking out the snow and noticing how much it's melted this week, and a video of me arm wrestling David. He was out in the very begging, but just wouldn't put his wrist on the ground so I just had to keep on keeping on.

Hope you have a good week, and I'll be better at writing and picture taking this next week!

Äldste Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment