Tuesday, January 31, 2017

So this week was kinda big


For those of you who missed it, there was a world wide missionary broadcast this week that changed a couple important things. For one, the daily schedule is way, way more flexible. For another, there are only four (but really 5) key indicators, and missions cannot set their own key indicators (For example, in the Sweden Stockholm Mission we would count the number of contacts we get each day. Emphasis on would.). We only count Baptisms (and confirmations, but they should be the same number. If you have different numbers for these two something's wrong), Baptismal Dates, Investigators in Sacrament Meeting, and New Investigators. So that's pretty big. Also the flexible schedule is super, super nice. Lunch got shortened to half an hour, but bed-time became any time between 9:30 and 10:30 and the time from 9:00 to 9:30 is specifically for journal writing and teeth brushing. There's no more nightly planning, it got moved to the morning. In all, I'm a really big fan of the changes. Really big fan.

Also, we got Transfer Calls! I'm transferring out of Lund to Västra Frölunda, which includes the heart of Göteborg. I am super exited for that, Göteborg is a very cool city, I hear the apartment is super nice, I'm a YSA missionary so I'll get to work with a lot of cool Swedes my age, it should be fun. Also, Göteborska sounds super cool, considered by most missionaries to sound the most "Swedish" of all the dialects. Unfortunately, I have had several people I contact on the streets ask me if I'm speaking Danish. I must have been called to the wrong mission or something. 

Elder Brady Daines was on the missionary broadcast, that was super cool! I took a picture then forgot my camera, so I'll send that picture later. They had a before-broadcast montage of missionaries in the MTC teaching and stuff, and Elder Brady Daines made it! My cousin's famous! Every missionary in the whole world saw him!

Well, like I said, I didn't bring my camera with me so no pictures from that, and for some reason this computer isn't picking up my phone so I cannot get pictures off of that, so tyvarr  no pictures this week from me.

One last request, my area I'm transferring to has someone named Anthony with a baptismal date for Feb. 4th. I don't know anything about Anthony, but pray for him.

Finaly, does anyone know if you can make Swedish Cream with jello instead of Gelatin? I havn't been able to find pure Gelatin, so I'm wondering if strawberry jello works as well.

And to end it off, yes it was my birthday and no I didn't do anything about it.

That's about all I can think of right now, so good buy!

Äldste Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment