Monday, May 22, 2017

A good week, som vanligt

En gång till hade vi en mycket bra vecka. Ingenting nytt eller stor hänt, bara missioners verk som vanligt. 
In other words, nothing to exiting this week. Just good old missionary work as expected. 

Last pday we played ultimate frisbee and climbed a mountain so that was fun, and I showed off my amazing sloth-impersonation so that was great. I could have hung there for days, it was so easy.
Also Göteborg has the largest half marathon in the world and that was this week, so that was pretty cool. We were in the center in stan when the people first started running by, literally the first 10 people were from Africa and the first Swede to run by was literally 5 minutes later than the people in first. I think the fastest runner this year ran the half marathon in just over an hour, but I know that the world record for the fastest marathon was set here a few years ago at 58 minutes or something like that, so that's pretty crazy. I cannot run that fast.

Other then that, I guess I could take some time to talk about goals. You see, setting goals is very important, but even more so is developing the habits necessary to obtain them. As a missionary we set lots of numerical goals, but we also have time every night to reflect upon the day and upon our personal goals. These nightly reflections (Which I take when writing in my journal) are great ways to make sure we are always striving to become better, and from these moments we can evaluate our efforts to accomplish the goals we have set and adjust plans accordingly. So that's a fun fact of the day.
Sweden loves tubed food and it is getting way way way to hot for pants.





No comments:

Post a Comment