Thursday, February 1, 2018

Well this week was sure something

Remember how I mentioned quickly last week that I'd been a little sick? I was a little sick for all of this week to :( It's fine though, a little sickness never killed nobody. A lot of sickness has, but I didn't have that. And besides, I'm better now, I just sound like I've chain smoked every day of my life.

But unfortunatly, that does mean that I don't really have a lot of stories to tell this week. Just this one:

It was a Tuesday night. We had had to replan the day multiple times already, because when you're a missionary nothing ever goes to plan. Ever. Anyways, we had just driven back to the apartment after a lesson, and the clock was 20:28, meaning we had 32 minutes left in the day. I was pretty sick at this time of the week, and my body was completely dead. We pull into our parking stall as Elder Prososki looks at me and asks "What do you want to do?" We had origionally planned to study the language at this time, but ended up having to do that earlier in the day, so we had nothing planned. I responded with "Well, I'm pretty tired now, to be honest I just want to go to bed. What do you want to do?" Elder Prososki then looked at me and said, "Do you think Paul ever went to bed early on his mission?" I then realized that I had three options:
1- Be lame and use sickness and a tool to do nothing
2- Work, but also use sickness as an excuse to not work hard, but also keep saying how hard I want to work, I'm just sick and cannot speak anyways so there was no point in me working hard
3- Actually be a man and work
Up to this point in the day, I'd been working at option 2, so I decided then to "gird up my loins like a man" and do what Paul, Stephen, Peter, John, Ammon, Moroni, Mormon, Moroni, Nephi x3, Jacob, Joseph, Helaman, Dan Jones, Parly P. Pratt, and Samuel Smith would do and get to work. So we went out and contacted in the city and found 4 people who are willing to meet up again and give us their telephone numbers. Moral of this story, don't be lame and don't pretend to work but actually be lame at the same time, just work and even though you may feel like someone is sandpapering your esophogous whenever you breath in cold air as you're walking around in freezing Örnsköldsvik you're going to be happy anyways.

Sorry for the terrible spelling, the wifi at the church went out so I'm emailing from the library and the computers here are stuck in Swedish so I lost my spell-checking abilities. Sad day.

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment