Wednesday, May 9, 2018

​At the end of 4.5 months in Örnsköldsvik the time has come for me to leave, sad day. But don't worry, I'm going to the closest area to Övik, Umeå! Only 1.5 hours away, it's the closest transfer possible in this zone. But ya, it's actually really awesome that I'll be going to Umeå because the four missionaries in Umeå were in my district so I've already been there a ton for district meetings, zone conferences, baptisms, and splits! So it's not even like I'm transferring, just going on splits for a transfer. I'll be with Elder Beveridge, he's awesome! I look forwards to these upcoming 6 weeks, it'll be such fun!

However, I will miss Övik a ton. I've learned so much here, and I'll be leaving just as the flowers start blooming. It's actually been awesome to see spring start to come, when I first got here it was -15 C on a good day and over 2 feet of snow everywhere, today it got up to +20 C and there are only a few tracts of snow left! The members here are also amazing people, I love all of them! It's been so fun to serve the people of Cambodia in Sweden while my sister serves the people of Cambodia in Cambodia :)

We took a hike this morning, (ps the sun is awake before us and goes to bed after us now) and we got some great pictures followed by a super cool view over Övik, and a quick visit to the outdoor gym. Elder Hansen was all about that. Sweden is so beautiful, it's amazing. I'm so grateful I get to serve the Lord as a full time missionary, an apostle (notice the little "a"), up here. I love the chance I have to help others, and the chance I have to give, it's been so awesome to see the Gospel of Christ lighten up others lives. If you ever meet anyone who claims to be an atheist just keep asking questions. I've lived in this country of "atheists" for a year and a half and have yet to meet someone that doesn't have some kind of faith or hope in something. It's because no matter how hard you try, you cannot quench the Light of Christ, "The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things, which is the law by which all things are governed" (D&C 88:13).
Have a great week! 
Mycket kärlek,
Äldste Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment