Monday, December 5, 2016

I forgot a subject last week, didn't I.

It is with deep sorrow I  apologize for not giving my email home a subject last week. My mind was under great distress caused by shortage of time, and I was unwisely writing while under the influence of chocolate ballerina cookies. With support from you all, the "Triple F's", I should be able to get my emails back in order. I really appreciate your consideration of the matter and your continuous support, and plead with you all, please, visit mormon.org to see the jul initiative.

Well, time for highlights of the week! On Sunday Elder Gergetz and I were drafted to help home teach a less active woman on the east coast of Skåna (pictures 7777,7769, and 7748 are from the drive there) and she lived in a vary Swedish house (all houses here are either a red barn looking thing or white plaster and wood type of thing. Her house was the white plaster and wood one.) that was candle lit and fire place warmed, and she fed us a tomato soup that tasted very Swedish with bread and cheese which was very Swedish and she spoke a thick Skånish accent, it was in all a very Swedish experience. I really liked it. However, her visit marked a mile stone! For dessert we had ostkakor, the last Swedish dish on the list of Swedish foods I have made before my mission. And let me say this, every Swedish food I made is not nearly as good as the Swedish food here, because the Swedish food here is made by Swedes who actually know what ostkakor is.

Also this week we had a pretty awesome "party" with a family in the ward where we sang a bunch of julsånger and ate a lot of traditional jul foods, so ya, Christmas time in Sweden is pretty tasty!

Here's a picture (7784) of me putting in the wash this morning, because why not?

One day we had a movie night and watched a super good church movie called the Mountain of the Lord. It's about the construction of the Salt Lake Temple, super good. I recommend it as a Sundayactivity. Good stuff. (7736 and 7737)

Well, I'm kinda having a hard time focusing now so the moral of the story is that Sweden is awesome and I enjoy serving here. 

MVH,
Äldste Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment