Monday, November 13, 2017

Workovers with Visby!

Dearest family and friends! Much happened this week, including the following!

The Elders of Gotland came over and did work overs with us, that was super fun! I was with Elder Strong, he's one of my best friends. This week was Kladdkaka day so you know we made some of that. For those of you who don't know what Kladdkaka is, you're missing out. Think Brownie with so much butter in it that the middle is still like batter when it's done cooking. Not healthy. So this p-day I bought a ton of veggitables to counter that out, and I think it's working well. 

We also trakted an appartment with some super cool art in the stair well, so that was fun. 

Now, I'm a-gunna take some time to talk about prayer. I've been reading the BOM for at least 15 minutes every personal study, and not just reading but really studying. I started after General Conference and just finished 1st Nephi, and if there's one thing I've learned its that the BOM testifies of Christ. I've only read the first book and my testimony/spiritual maturity has increased by a lot. But after finishing 1st Nephi I decided to apply Moroni's promise to each book, so that's what I did. And... nothing spectacular happened. Then the next day (Sunday) we had a Gospel Principles class about prayer and our Ward Mission leader (Father to one of the Finnish Missionaries when I was in the MTC) made this comment about a time he was on his mission with hard companion in a hard area and prayed for help and the answer he received, and while he was talking he invited the Spirit super strongly into the lesson and I though back to that prayer. Then I realized something, I walk around a little place in Sweden and talk to people who mock, tear down, ridicule, and despise me, what I do, what I stand for, and especially what I believe, all day. I've heard every reason why the BOM isn't true, why Joseph Smith was a fraud, why God doesn't exist, you name it and I've heard it. But you know what? That doesn't change the fact that I know God lives and loves us, that He called a Prophet in our time and through this prophet He revealed a new book of Holy Scripture. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know it, and I know that God knows that I know it. That means that when anyone tries to persuade me otherwise the best response is to do all possible to bring the situation somewhere the Spirit can dwell, then if they still reject that so sorrow for them. Then go home and eat Bulgar. That last bit is essential, always eat Bulgar.

Anyways, moral of the story is I'm doing well and am happy. Hejdå!

Äldste Wilson

PS, Hey Mom, aren't you proud of how health I'm eating? It's so green.





No comments:

Post a Comment