Monday, October 17, 2016

Da Jesus Book

I love Sweden. The first four pictures are the view from the YSA center. For those of you who don't know what a YSA center is, which was me until 21 days ago, they are centers for young single adults. Basically thy are buildings where young adults can come anytime and hang out, they teach seminary and institute in them, they hold family home evening and have game nights in them, ward council meets in it, they're pretty useful. It's kinda like a second church building, but the entire building is treated like the gym. But ya, they have one in Lund and it's the fifth floor of a building, so it's got a pretty nice view of Lund. I love Lund. I love the weather here, even though I do keep getting weird looks for not wearing a jacket. Actually, three days ago we were exploring an apartment complex, looking for a way around port-coded doors, when we tried to stop this man with the usual stuff but he said "No, I'm not interested. Put a coat on, it's cold." and kept walking with out changing speed. That is probably the bluntest a Swede has been to me.
 
Lund is strange. I cannot get a feel for how big it is. I have walked and bused to almost every side of town, but it keeps getting bigger. They the other day I was in Malmö on splits with a Zone Leader, and when we were driving back to Lund I found several skyscrapers. And I was like "What? Since when did Lund have skyscrapers?" I mean, I know there's one in the picture I just sent, but I saw multiple skyscrapers that I have yet to find. On the topic of skyscrapers, look up pictures of the Twisting Torso, in Malmö. Super cool building, I've seen it in real life. It's real.

Anyways, we have an investigator that could use some prayers. His name is Johannes, and he's coming to a fork in the road and can't decide what direction to go. He doesn't really want to believe in God because he knows that he has not lived Gods commandments and doesn't really want to follow them. But he knows he feels the spirit testifying of the truthfulness of our message. We have only taught him twice, so we haven't gotten to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but he said he wants some time alone to think about whether he wants to listen to us. Can you all pray that he will decide to continue meeting with us? I know that if we get one more lesson to talk about the Atonement he's as good as in the water, but Satan is really trying to get him to stop listening to us.

On a more trivial note, the sixth picture is of an amazing book. Da Jesus Book. It's the new testament translated into Hawaiian Pigeon. Emma, if you have Mrs. Write the Gov and Pol teacher, tell her that I found this book in the possession of a Priest in Sweden. She has a copy in her class room and she read to us The Lords Prayer, it's good stuff.

Anyways, life is good. Sleeping is awesome, my bed is literally the most comfortable bed I have ever been in. My apartment is kinda small, but has some amazing views out the window, picture five. What a beautiful tree. Just beyond the tree is a cultural center that likes to play loud music late at night, but it's ok because my bed is so soft the sound just gets absorbed. I got stung by a bee two days ago while hussing to catch a train, so my thumb is a little swollen, but I was mostly just surprised that bees are still active in the rain and cold of mid-October Sweden. 
They have two meats here that taste amazing, Korv and Kabob. Korv is like a sausage, if they have it at IKEA you all should get it and try it. It goes with pasta, in eggs, fried then sandwiched, it's the perfect missionary meat. Kabob is actually banned in the USA but I don't know why, so that's a little sketch. But it's this massive slab of meat (I don't know the animal) that is skewered and cooked like a rotisserie chicken. They shave off thin slices and put it on pizza with fries, best pizza ever. If I were to come home now, Kabob pizza would be what I miss most.

Brooke, Link and Addison are so cute! I sure hope you show them pictures of their God Father at least twice a day.

Well, that's all I got time for.
MVH
Äldste Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment