Tuesday, October 4, 2016

So, Sweden kinda rocks...



Well, I made it to Sweden! After long flights and much half-sleep, we landed in Stockholm roughly 9am on the 27, then did a little photo shoot and sight seeing, then met the missionaries serving in the Stockholm area. A short devotional and quick walk later, I was giving en Mormons Bok to a Swede while Äldste Behle (Just who I was assigned to temporarily) talked about something along the lines of either miracles or the baptist faith. Not entirely sure. That night though all my MTC district slept in the mission home and awaited our doom.




The next day we all gathered in a small chapel and had a great fireside on missionary work and working with members. Then we actually got our areas and our comps., and I got sent to, drum roll please, ... LUND II! Lund is a collage city just north of Malmö, but still definitely southern Sweden. I was actually hoping to get sent some where south because they don't speak Swedish here, they speak Skånish. Basically, Skånish is a crazy dialect of Swedish so if I learn it first I can learn it the same speed everyone else learns normal Swedish, and then wherever else I go the Swedish will only be better! Unless I go to Gotland, Gotlandish is special.






My new companion is Äldste Gergetz, he's a pretty cool guy! He's from Wisconsin and has been out for a little over a year and I think we work pretty well together. And don't worry Kristy, I make sure to give him plenty of opportunities to come closer to Christ by serving me.

Probably the weirdest thing I've noticed so far is the toilets. Instead of having a lever on the side there is a button on top to flush. Other than that, everything has been pretty normal. Also, Sweden has a pretty high tax on cars so only the rich can afford them, and the rich only buy nice cars, so literally every car I've seen has been super nice. Like, over 60,000 USD at least. In Stockholm I saw a Tesla literally every five minutes, and I've seen two Model X's.
Now, picture time! 










That's all I got today, so ya! Sweden kinda rocks!
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment