Monday, November 21, 2016

I know something you don't! Na na na na na na!

Family, friends, and robots who scan the inter-webs 
looking for emails to contact and numbers to call,

As far as weeks in Sweden go, this one was pretty AWESOME!!! Do you want to know why? Oh, let me tell you why.

CHRISTMAS INITIATIVE IS ALMOST OUT!!!










My hair being my hair and wishing it could fly. There was no wind that day, we were just walking a solid 2 or 3 kilometers an hour.

We had zone conference this week, so the assistants to the                 resident came and showed us the Christmas initiative video and talked about how to use it, and the moral of the story is the video will be amazing. Definitely the best Jul (Swedish for Christmas, also what I will be using from now on because it is 9 letters shorter.) video the church has made. But ya, the video hasn't come out yet (It is released the 25) but there is a teaser video on www.mormon.org/downloads I think that's a little funny, they made a one minute teaser for a two minute video, but it should be good.          
                                             The Zone

My companion wanted me to take this picture, so I did. It was 4:30 in the afternoon then.


ell, that paragraph started to get a little rambley, so I'm going to start new. The following section will contain spoilers.

This years Jul video will begin with standard church video music playing over standard Jul events: putting up lights, setting up a nativity, ext. Then the video transitions to Christ growing up and serving others. Just when you think you get the hang of seeing Christ serving others, Christ stretches out his hand to heal a blind person and BAM! Scene change! Generic young adult helping a generic old man learn how to read Braille! Back to Jesus helping the blind man up and BAM! Another scene change! A generic young adult showing a generic grandma generic videos of generic children! Back to Christ healing some one and BAM! Generic Grandpa visiting his generic sickly wife in the hospital! Christ embarrassing someone he healed and BAM! Generic young boy 1 putting his arm around generic young boy
after generic young boy 2 messed up in 
soccer! I think you get the picture. The video ends with yet another service from Christ, this time with the text over it "I am the light of the World". Then a more subtle bam, and there's some generic adults helping at a soup kitchen with the text "Ye are the light of the World". Then the invitation to go to Mormon.org to learn how to serve "25 ways in 25 days". You go there and find an advent calendar which begins December 1st and goes through to December 25th (25 days), and each day has a topic (i.e. "Jesus Lifted Other's Burdens and So Can You" or "Jesus .Ministered To Children and So Can You") with several ideas on how you can fulfill that topic listed below (25 ways). It's just the best video ever. Also, it looks as though every day is going to have a video released specific to that topic.

End spoilers

Moral of the story is that the video is the best, service is the best, I'm very grateful we have IPhones so we can show it on the street, and I love Christ. 

Well, I guess I could talk some more about how Yoda attends this ward, or about how I learned to play O Come, O Come, Emanuel on the cello, or how I licked my elbow for the ward talent show, but I think I'll just put in some pictures and call it a day. By the way, one of the above three things is a lie. Guess which one!






The 20 meter tree we cut down

No comments:

Post a Comment