Sunday, November 20, 2016

It snowed! For real!

I'm not making it up this time! It snowed in Lund! YAY!

Unfortunately, because it is snowing now my companion wants me to wear my gloves and hat and get a winter coat and all that stuff. Ugh. Two steps forwards, one step back.

Nick, before I forget, you have to tell me if Lone Peak won or not. And who they played.

Well, this week was pretty boring (but not really), so I'd thought I'd start this off with a quick insight I got from one of the coolest guys I know, Broder Strandberg. We were sitting in Elders quorum (which happens to be the most fun event ever, after ward council) when we were talking about some gospel topic and Broder Strandberg mentions the idea of putting on the Yoke of Christ. You see, a yoke is a tool, and is quite heavy. Sitting in a field with a big fat yoke on your neck would be quite miserable. However, once you start pulling your yoke and working with it you can 1) See that you're doing something, and 2) Christ is able to start pulling with you, thus making your burden light. So ya, it does us no profit to just put on the Yoke of Christ unless you start working with it!
Now to the descriptions of how life in Sweden is. Something that is really cool is this week (along with it having snowed) has not risen above 1 or 2 degrees Celsius, so all the plants are completely frozen and, for lack of a better description, freezer burnt, so all the leaves are super cool looking and walking on grass sounds awesome. 

Hey family, don't forget to be memorizing The Living Christ! If I can do it in Swedish, you all better do it in English!

Oh, and by the way, have fun in Trump-land!

It turns out, Swedish Children are the best! So cute! They all learn songs in English they sign to us, and they eat tons of butter, and they all know how to play an instrument because the schools in Sweden have amazing culture programs, and they are totally crazy, and they eat all the snow they find, no matter how old, how dirty, how gray or yellow, they love to eat it all. That last part is actually a problem, but it's still super cute.

Also, if you all can find a good recipe on the inter-webs, make some Saffron Bullar. Jätte bra. 

And finally, our little college town of Lund got another new missionary this transfer! Now all three companionships are training! But ya, he's actually a super cool guy, his name is Elder Shanks. His companion in the MTC was also from Lone Peak, so that was cool. I knew another Knight had a call to Sweden, but I thought he still had some time before he came. Anyways, now that I've sufficiently thought-vomited this email, got to go!

MVH,
Äldste Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment