Monday, November 7, 2016

It snowed!!!



It snowed!!! In Sweden!!! But not in Lund. That made me a little sad.

Anyways, I thought I'd take some time to share a bit about the Ward in Lund. There are three companionshipsof proselyting missionaries, two Elders and one Syster, and a Lund senior couple. The ward is awesome, the bishop is super sharp. All the missionaries are part of the ward council and every member on the ward council has the power to call people to speak, which is super cool. We use this app called Trello to keep an agenda for ward council and a list of speakers called so we don't over book a week. Sacrament is awesome, it begins with a musical number, then announcements, then the sacrament, then two speakers, then another musical number, then the last speaker closes, all with the standard opening, sacrament, and closing hymns. It's super cool. We usually have around 70 members present, and the ward is able to provide teachers for primary, priesthood, relief society, and five Sunday school classes. So ya, the ward is pretty solid. However, it sounds like the new line up for the MV5 ward is going to be killer! All three of those people are amazing! But who got put into the Priest quorum?

But ya, this week has been pretty awesome! Unfortunately, I did not get a pass along card into the popemobile :( My companion is the district leader so we've been doing splits, and this week I was with someone who has spoken to Hannah and Syster Carly Smith! He's from Pleasant Grove and worked as a janitor for LP, and some how it came up that he helped Student Counsel make posters or something like that two years ago.

This week we also served a family in the ward, familjen Ahlströms, by raking their massive lawn. Dad, if you think you have amassed a big burn pile, check out this guy! I really don't know how he hasn't burned down those trees next to the pile. My comp had the phone and he didn't really know what I was asking him to take a picture of, so you can't really get a good feel for the size of the pile. It's over twice my height and two me's laying down in diameter.

Also, turns out I'm strangely adept at drawing mushrooms and snails. Not really, but one day I couldn't think about something to write in journal about, so I drew a mushroom. Then the mushroom looked lonely, so I gave it a friend.

Well, not a lot of time today, so that's all! MVH, Äldste Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment