Monday, January 8, 2018

Örnsköldsvik!

This week has been amazing! It started with a big Innebandy (very similar to indoor hockey) get-together for pday, then on tuesday I said good bye to Handen :( and hello to Örnsköldsvik! :)

After a nice 3.5 hours of alone time on the train, navigating though the Stockholm airport, and flying I was warmly welcomed by my new companion Äldste Prososki in the Ö-vik airport. We drove home (yes, we have an Opel car now), slept, then the next morning took Äldste Buchanon (the Äldste I'm replaced) to the airport, then we got to work! And let me tell you, Örnsköldsvik is the best for working. There are 15 active members, but with various less active members and the missionaries we get an average of 18 members in church a week.

But those 15 members are super nice! Not only that, but all 15 are cambodian! However, when I said I have a sister in Cambodia they all got exited and said "Where's she serving?" to which I replied "I have no idea". I feel like a bad brother.

But for real though, Ö-vik (the official shortening of Örnsköldsvik, so you don't have to struggle saying Örnsköldsvik. To pronounce Ö-vik think "Uu-veek") is a dream. I'll send some pictures, but the best ones cannot be taken. For example, when we were driving to the airport to drop off Äldste Buchannon we were driving through a beautiful forest, with a slight snow adding to the 3 feet that already existed, and the sun was rising so the entire sky was purple-orange, and over a far away hill/mountain the moon was looking massive and super super white. It was so unreal, I couldn't believe it.

Äldste Prososki is super cool though, he knows most everyone I do, including the entire MV5 ward, so we have some great story time after 9. Justdet, he's from LP as well, that's why he knows everyone.

The work in Ö-vik is going forwards! The tracting game is where it's at, soooo many apartment building without portcodes. Enough talk though, pictures!

3221- on the way back from the airport, but the sky wasn't as purple-orange and the moon disappeared.
3222- On the way out the door my first day I hear this "Tjena missionärer!", or "What's up missionaries!" for those of you that cannot Swedish. Anyways, it's Äldste Sargent, who served in Ö-vik in 2012, on visit with his family.

3226- The view of Ö-vik from the front of the old bank the church rents out for the branch. The full name of the city, Örnsköldsvik, means Eagle Shield Bay, so that is Eagle Shield Bay at the end of the road.

3229- A very traditional Swedish house, it's massive, a bright color, and it smelled super good. I'm also finally getting the Swedish winter I've been wanting!

3230- speaks for itsself

3231- Those sun sets though...

Well, have a great week!

Äldste Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment